We hear this question a lot and this is a myth that we really want to bust!
The answer is simple: Absolutely not! Insurance costs do not rise by using an agent.
Health insurance premiums are set by the insurance companies, and are regulated by the insurance departments. The prices are the same whether you purchase your insurance using the professional services of a company like Thompson-Brooks, or if you attempt to begin the insurance process yourself.
It can be overwhelming trying to figure out the world of insurance. There are so many regulations, requirements, forms and options that it can feel like you are lost in a forest of information.We are like an insurance hiking guide helping you navigate the complex hills and trails of America’s health care system.
Why not have a licensed, knowledgeable broker by your side? This goes for businesses as well!
If you are a business, our agents can help you by:
- Determine if your business has 50 or fewer employees and is eligible for SHOP
- Apply for insurance for your employees
- Review and compare price, coverage, quality, and other important features of available SHOP plans
- Enroll in the SHOP plan you choose
- Help you understand eligibility for the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
- Answer your questions and guide you through the process
- Provide ongoing service after you’re enrolled
Let us help you today! Call us at: (434) 385-8500.